“If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” — Kofi Annan
Is it your time to step up and gift your time and talents to a good cause?
Being a Board Director on a Not-For-Profit Board is a fulfilling experience. You may be giving your time, expertise and networks but you gain so much in return.
Over the past five years, I’ve been so fortunate to be involved in a life changing program called Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards. Since the pilot program was funded by a Social Innovation grant in 2013, this program has championed diversity on Not-For-Profit boards. There is no other program like it across Australia!
I’ve worked with, trained and supported nearly 100 young professionals to find board positions. I’ve been fortunate to organise site visits, hear from the most amazing CEOs and explore what it means to be an outstanding board director.
In 2016, I co-authored the book, Difference Makers: A Leader’s Guide to Championing Diversity on Boards.
These experiences have complimented my own journey on a number of Not-For-Profit boards over the past 15 years and my love of volunteering to community causes with a purpose to making the world a better place.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Then the Board Ignition Course was born.
The Board Ignition Course challenged me to take my vision for board diversity to the next level. How can I support even more people – young professionals, entrepreneurs, young women, culturally diverse leaders – to step up onto Boards.
- Board directorships are a privilege, to play your part in making the community a better place
- We need diversity of thought, background, ideas and demographics, now more than ever on NFP boards
- If you are committed, open to learning and passionate, you can serve on an NFP board!
I love the medium of online – it allows me to be creative in shaping inspiring resources that anyone can access at any time. My aim is to bring the topic of board leadership alive with engaging resources to share my knowledge and passion!
This program brings together:
- board governance knowledge and resources
- inspiring board director interviews from across Australia
- insight personal development resources to build your leadership
- practical challenges to help you get your first board directorship
But more than this, the Board Ignition Course is the opportunity to build a community of leaders who are keen to give their greatest talents in service to a better world.
Launch Month Offer
Join in June 2017 and receive the following benefits:
1. Your own signed copy of the Book, Difference Makers: A Leader’s Guide to Championing Diversity on Boards
We will post you a copy of this inspiring read written by Alicia Curtis and Dr Nicky Howe based on their experience supporting young professionals to join Not-For-Profit boards.
2. Seven Deadly Sins of Meeting Facilitators Ebook
Improve your meeting facilitation skills by avoiding these common meeting mistakes. This practical ebook is jam packed with ready to use strategies.
3. The ESSENTIAL Governance/Leadership Reading list
Don’t know where to start? Get my essential list of books to learn more about board leadership and governance.
4. PLUS an invite to a LIVE WEBINAR on the 5 Biggest Myths of NFP Board Leadership
Alicia Curtis will be facilitating a webinar on the 5 myths of NFP board leadership ONLY for those who have signed up in June 2017.
Still got questions? Read the course information page here.