Your free guide is on its way to your inbox now.
But wait, if you're already interested in sitting on a board
- check out my special offer below.
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Is being a board director for you?
Aspiring to be a board director of a community organisation is no small goal. It takes knowledge about the Not-For-Profit sector and an awareness of your strengths, values and motivations, not to mention an understanding of governance, strategy and leadership. The Board Starter course is for those who are keen to explore the opportunity of being a board director. It dives in deep into your motivations to serve as a board director to help you realise if it's the right goal for you.
Before you jump in head first to more study, networking, self awareness building and more that's required to get a board role - find out if this volunteer gig is really for you! Find out if it's the role for you!
It might sound nice to be a board director but it takes time and commitment.
Board Starter Course Outline
This course offers you the opportunity to dip your toes into the world of being a Not-For-Profit Director and see if it's right for you. Check out what's included in this mini course:
- Welcome note and video from Course Creator, Alicia Curtis.
- Online "Why join a Community Board?" Workbook which explores:
- Learn more about NFP sector,
- Reasons to join a NFP board,
- Consider which organisations and boards you would suit
- Why passion is good but not enough to be a board director,
- Reasons not to join a board and
- Eight signs you're ready to join a NFP board.
- Inspiring Board director video interview with experienced director, Erica Smyth AC.
- Board case study about board performance.
- Practical challenges to get you learning about the community sector.
- Vital Worksheet to define your motivations to become a director.
What people are saying
Your Learning Guide
ALICIA CURTIS is an outstanding business and community leader and the founder of Alyceum, a leadership development company. Alicia has a Masters in Business Leadership and in 2019 was named in the Business News 40under40 list, in 2018 was named the EY Social Entrepreneur of the Year in the western region, in 2017 she was named in the inaugural Westpac 200 Business of Tomorrow List as well as rating in the Westpac and Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence List across Australia in 2014.
Alicia has facilitated the hugely successful Engaging Young Leaders on Boards program which has helped countless young professionals get onto community boards. In 2016, Alicia co-authored Difference Makers: A Leader's Guide to Championing Diversity on Boards with CEO, Dr Nicky Howe. Alicia also started the #1000youngdirectors campaign which aims to ignite 1000 young directors onto community boards to increase diversity, support succession planning and improve our local communities.
Alicia has served on a range of community boards over the last 15 years and was most recently founding board chair of 100 Women, which has fund raised and awarded $500,000 to causes supporting women and children.
You're in safe hands with Alicia Curtis
Get the Board Starter Course Today!
- 1 self paced module jam-packed with practical advice about boards and the Not-For-Profit sector
- 1 exceptional video interview with an experienced Board Director
- 1 board case studies to explore the elements of a high performing board
- 1 easy-to-read online workbook
- Worksheets, practical challenges and further resources
- Weekly emails with inspiring board directors sharing their journey
- Private facebook group access for group support, collegiality and access to Alicia
- Bonus pre-recorded webinars recordings