Next live round of the Board Ignition Course starts 5th August, 2019.
Time until course....
Helping you get your first Board appointment
Do you wish to make a difference in the world?
Are you ready to impact the community around you?
Are you at a time in your career where you're ready to give back?
The Board Ignition online course is a practical and dynamic online learning program to introduce emerging leaders to the not for profit sector and the opportunity to contribute at a board level.
Alicia has inspired me to make a difference in the way I live my life. I couldn't think of a better role model for a boards course."
- Penelope Wakefield | Manager Business Sustainability
This is not your normal board program! This is a dynamic, engaging, interactive course that gives you practical steps on how to get onto a board and be an outstanding director.
- Discover how to land your first board appointment.
- Consider which board positions to accept and the due diligence process involved.
- Understand what happens in the boardroom and the key challenges of the not for profit sector.
- Discover how to approach your first six months on a board with confidence.
- Master what it takes to be an outstanding board director.
This program unpacks the best knowledge and expertise from the collective experience of top CEOs and Board directors.
Look inside the course
Not your normal governance education program! This course gives you the real look behind the boardroom door. Each module includes the information, statistics, practical takeaways, tools and techniques.
Each module includes an online workbook, practical activities, worksheets and videos with experienced directors.
Hear from experienced board directors about their inspiring journey and experiences on boards. Learn how they got their board directorships, what they have learnt along the way and what they recommend to you!
Once you've read through each module, there are a range of reflective activities, worksheets and further learning opportunities to apply the knowledge.
Your Learning Guide
ALICIA CURTIS is an outstanding business and community leader and the founder of Alyceum, a leadership development company. Alicia has a Masters in Business Leadership and in 2019 was named in the Business News 40under40 list, in 2018 was named the EY Social Entrepreneur of the Year in the western region, in 2017 she was named in the inaugural Westpac 200 Business of Tomorrow List as well as rating in the Westpac and Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence List across Australia in 2014.
Alicia has facilitated the hugely successful Engaging Young Leaders on Boards program which has helped countless young professionals get onto community boards. In 2016, Alicia co-authored Difference Makers: A Leader's Guide to Championing Diversity on Boards with CEO, Dr Nicky Howe. Alicia also started the #1000youngdirectors campaign which aims to ignite 1000 young directors onto community boards to increase diversity, support succession planning and improve our local communities.
Alicia has served on a range of community boards over the last 15 years and currently is the board chair of 100 Women, which has fund raised and awarded $500,000 to causes supporting women and children.
“Alicia has inspired me to make a difference in the way I live my life. I couldn't think of a better role model for a boards course.”
Penelope Wakefield, Manager Business Sustainability
"Alicia’s board knowledge and support has enabled me to kick-start my career in Governance. I am now Director at Mental Illness Fellowship of WA and Hepatitis WA, and Council of Governors at YMCA-WA."
Adrian Gallo, Business Development
“Alicia's passion to make the community a better place is an inspiration to those around her, and especially those fortunate enough to have been a part of one of her leadership programs.”
Ashley Dawson, Associate Director, Finance Industry
"Alicia was incredibly supportive and has a wealth of knowledge."
Meghan Lewis, Architect
Get the Board Ignition Course Today!
- 2 LIVE online masterclasses with Alicia Curtis
- 12 exceptional video interviews with experienced Board Directors from around Australia
- 8 self paced modules jam-packed with practical advice about boards, the Not-For-Profit sector and finding your first board role
- 8 board case studies to explore the elements of a high performing board
- 8 week email series to help you explore the course
- Easy-to-read online workbooks for each module
- Worksheets, practical challenges and further resources
- Weekly emails with inspiring board directors sharing their journey
- Private facebook group access for group support, short videos, collegiality and access to Alicia
- Bonus webinars recordings